I am working on a few different posts but nothing is quite ready yet. I thought in the meantime I would do a little mini “newsy” posts. I’ve seen these on some of the blogs I follow and I enjoy them.
1. In family news – – Addy is pacifier free. True, she still occasionally asks for it, but she is free from her own addiction. She did fall off the band wagon about two weeks into the “zero mimi” phase and we found her curled up under the kitchen table with an old mimi discovered while cleaning house. I’m stinking proud of her though since to this day I still remember trying to stop sucking my thumb!
2. This is a blog by my friend Gina and this post should be read by all parents. It really helped me to stop and think.
4. What I really want to do is sprout our legumes and nuts. A few sites I have been reading include this one and this one and this one. Do you have any experience in this area or any sites to recommend?
5. I now know THREE women pregnant with twins. Um, where was this twin “sickness” when I was pregnant? More babies for less pregnancy? I confess I am a tad jealous! Yet not jealous enough to miss pregnancy. Don’t worry there.
6. We are only using raw, organic honey and stevia these days and I just ordered these seeds from Amazon. I can’t wait to see if they work. I was reading that you can just put a fresh stevia leaf in a mug of tea or coffee and it sweetens it!
7. I just successfully made raw nut butter for the girls. I am pretty excited that it turned out. I was reading this blog post about it but I ended up learning a lot and changing a little so hopefully I will blog about it in detail!
9. This video will make you cry but it’s worth watching and reading.
Annnndddddd that is it. On a reflexive note, I have been struck by how many of my friends are going through a painful experience right now – – death, loss and disappointment. I find that I hurt when my friends or family hurt. I think that is both a good and a bad quality. I am trying to use it for good and become a prayer warrior out of it.
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”